Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Catching up on obituaries.

Morbid way to get a post in before the weekend, I know, but a lot of people I admire have been leaving us this month.

Kevin McCarthy (11th) - Whether as Dr. Bennell in the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers or as a presence in any number of Joe Dante films, it was always nice to see him.

Harold Gould (11th) - Very funny as the head of Engulf and Devour in Mel Brooks's Silent Movie. Also, the best thing about Master of Disguise as the cantankerous Grandpa Disguisey.

Jackie Burroughs (22nd) - Most famous to me as the voice of the evil spellbook in The Care Bears Movie and as Willard's mother in the underrated Willard remake.

Gloria Stuart (26th) - I've never seen Titanic and I'm not really that familiar with her work prior to it, but the fact that she made it to 100 deserves respect.

Sally Menke (28th) - Worked movie magic as Tarantino's editor. The car crash scene in Death Proof stands out for me.

Arthur Penn (28th) - Director of a number of movies I should probably see, principally Bonnie and Clyde. Okay, I've seen The Miracle Worker, but it was so long ago.

Greg Giraldo (29th) - Provided some great zingers for Comedy Central's roasts.

They will all be missed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home