Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

For 20 years, I'd only been vaguely aware of the 1995 remake of Sabrina, starring Harrison Ford (in the Humphrey Bogart role), Julia Ormond (taking over the title role from Audrey Hepburn) and Greg Kinnear (making his film debut in the William Holden role), and to this day, I've not seen it.

In perusing film music sites, I knew that John Williams scored it and even earned an Oscar nomination for it (in the Best Musical or Comedy Score category - ah, good times). Much like the film, I hadn't heard any of the music.

That is until I was called upon to review the compilation "Lights, Camera...Music! - Six Decades of John Williams". The feather-light piano theme may not be seen as one of the composer's best or most substantive, but it is undeniably lovely. Like Williams's best themes, it stays with you long after the film has faded from memory. If you haven't heard it (or heard it in a while), I implore you to seek it out.


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home