Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Toronto in 2026. Wouldn’t it be nice...

...if I were going? Spending a few days up there in the North?

It’s the last Thursday of August. In a just world, at this moment in time, I’d be flipping through the soundtrack section of Neurotica Records…but of course, we don’t live in a just world. I just don’t feel like telling a story or tszujing it up with some sort of gimmick. If money weren’t an issue, this is how I would’ve spent Fan Expo weekend in Toronto this year.

Thursday

6:00 wake up
6:10 get dressed
6:20 final check of luggage
6:30 depart home
6:45 breakfast at Donut Kraze
7:15 drive to Peace Bridge
7:40 cross border into Canada
8:20 board bus to Burlington, then train to Union Station
11:20 arrive Union Station
11:40 lunch at Nom Nom Nom
12:15 touring museums
3:15 go to BMV Music and Books
4:00 check into Airbnb
5:10 go to Neurotica Records
6:00 arrive at CNE
6:45 CNE cuisine for dinner
8:30 return to Airbnb
11:00 bedtime

Friday

6:30 wake up
7:45 take a shower
8:10 get dressed
9:00 depart Airbnb
9:10 get snacks from Shoppers Drug Mart
9:30 take bus downtown
10:00 breakfast from Egg Club
10:40 arrive at Fan Expo
11:00 Conversations with Jim Cummings - Room 206
12:00 Exploring the Magic of Friendship with Shannon Chan-Kent - Room 701
1:00 take train to Yonge Station
1:15 lunch at Chungchun
1:45 take train to Union Station
2:10 return to Fan Expo
2:25 roam around the North Building
3:45 Voices of Gaming: From Booth to Boss Fight - Constitution Hall (yeah, I don't like video games, but this may be the closest I get this weekend to having panels with William Fichtner and Michael Ironside)
5:00 Strength and Respect: A Q&A with Mr. T - Constitution Hall
5:45 depart Fan Expo
6:10 take bus to Revue Cinema
6:45 Coyote v. Acme @ Revue
9:00 dinner from Bank Bao
9:45 return to Airbnb
11:00 bedtime

Saturday

6:30 wake up
7:30 take a shower
8:00 get dressed
8:30 depart Airbnb
8:40 get snacks from Shoppers Drug Mart
8:45 take bus downtown
9:05 breakfast at Sunset Grill
9:50 arrive at Fan Expo
10:00 Yabba Zonkers Zoinks! Podcast - Community Zone
11:15 Saturday Morning Cartoon Fun and History! - Room 705
12:05 depart Fan Expo
12:15 arrive at Union Station
12:30 lunch from Paramount Fine Foods
12:50 return to Fan Expo
1:00 roam around the floor of the South Building
2:00 The Mummy with Oded Fehr - Room 714
3:00 Toronto's Revue Cinema: Cult Movies Talk and Trivia - Room 705
4:00 Mark Hamill Live - Constitution Hall (yes, I believe I could get in)
5:00 continue South Building runaround
6:00 depart Fan Expo
6:20 take bus to Sonic Boom
7:10 dinner at Betty's (on Queen East; yes, we're doing this)
8:25 return to Airbnb
10:30 or 11:00ish bedtime

Sunday

6:30 wake up
7:30 take a shower
8:15 final check of luggage
8:30 head out of Airbnb
9:00 breakfast from Saving Gigi's
9:30 return to Airbnb
9:40 enjoy savory breakfast
10:15 check out of Airbnb
10:35 take bus to Eaton Centre
11:05 arrive at Eaton Centre
11:15 some light shopping
11:55 take train to Union Station
12:10 lunch at Patties Express
12:45 board train to Burlington, transfer to bus for Niagara Falls
3:20 arrive at Niagara Falls GO
3:30 pick up dinner from Quiznos
5:00ish return home

I’m as surprised as you are that I’m blowing off Sunday at Fan Expo (and, by extension, Monday entirely), but the John Cena panel is one of those special advanced ticketing deals. Yeah, he’s worth it, but I’m not made of money.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home