Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Of birthdays and parfaits.

No, it wasn't mine. 'Twas my mom's. Even with the absent of cake, it turned out well. My sisters got her DVDs, while I got her a book. It wasn't easy, though. I tried a number of stores on this one street, to no avail; too expensive, too Christmassy or just not right. I also got a card. Not too showy, with plenty of space to write a nice message.

Finding a good card had its share of problems, too. Can someone tell me why greeting card companies have this hard-on for soaking their wares in glitter? It cheapens the basic message and it ends up stuck on your hands, most likely a reminder of why you don't get these cards.

At work today, they had what was known as a caramel creme parfait. Perhaps it was the subconscious lack of birthday cake or my morbid curiosity at work, but I gave it a try. Needless to say I'll be sticking to the ever-elusive banana parfait. I have one in the fridge that I treat like Dom Perignon from '72; only for an extra-special occasion...unless I can find more, then, goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home