Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Art of silence.

I had always wanted to go there, and today, I did. I visited the local art gallery. I just looked at the various exhibits without even pretending to know what their respective creators intended. A few exhibits caught my attention, though, like an intriguing series of connected miniature fire escapes grafted onto a wall, a mirrored room (more than likely, it's exactly what you're thinking) and a projected screen that was more than it seemed.

The one piece of art that really spoke to me was comprised of a field of sand and a rotating arm. One part creates a neat little pattern, while the other smooths the sand out. One can't help but draw parallels to life and how, in spite of your best efforts, what you do will eventually be ruined...leaving you to rebuild. At least, that's what I got from it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home