Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Just 'cause.

- I liked Spider-Man 3, though I won't argue against those who didn't; 'too many cooks' certainly applies here.

- Two regular features I hope to (however infrequently) bring to this blog: 'Forgotten Scores' and 'Short-Lived Comics'. Look for both to start next month.

- Read a review for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End that called it a "crashing bore". At nearly three hours, that better be a goddamn lie. I mean, how does one shoot and assemble three hours of nothing?! I ask this because, regardless of the buzz, I'll be seeing it this weekend.

- I'm a good ten to fifteen pages away from finishing a script. All I can say is that it's a sort-of inversion of a classic horror movie based on a book (not very many of those, right?).

- Was raring to see Shrek the Third, but that shot of the Gingerbread Man crapping a gumdrop (?) poked a hole in those plans...which is a shame, since Pinocchio's "I don't know where he's not" spiel from the teaser trailer is one of the finest pieces of writing I've heard in a while. On that same token, everytime I hear the line "He wants to rear you child", it makes me want to see Knocked Up that much less. I know it's only a few frames of film, but of all the bits to use in a trailer... Matter of fact, someone called me on it at the IMDb board for the film. Much like with the customers at my job, even the simplest of concepts requires an explanation. So many stupid people, yet not enough ways to kill them. Oh, well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home