Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Random thoughts.

- This has to be the longest I've gone between posts in some time (ten days!).

- Last Saturday, I tried one of those Smokehouse Bacon Burgers at Chili's (simply incredible) and went to see Jumper. Flawed, to be sure, but quite entertaining (Jamie Bell stole the film, in my opinion). However, the film is getting nasty reviews. Not bad, but nasty. I mean, it's not like this film is a slapped-together collection of film, TV and internet references, or even an empty hollow of a film with giant robots mired in one misfired joke after another.

- Speaking of one misfired joke after another...I watched the new "Fairly Oddparents" special "Fairly OddBaby" the other night. Jesus H. Christ! The word that can accurately describe how badly the writers (Butch Hartman and Scott Fellows - whom I used to trust - and Kevin Sullivan - whom I pretty much expected this from) screwed up this second chance has yet to be discovered and added to the English language. In fact, in this spirit, here's a math problem: take your age. Cut it in half. Now, cut it in half again. Cut it in half one more time. That is now the age of this show's target audience.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home