Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Nice going, Elias.

Gift from God, my ass.

Went to see Transformers today. Somehow, for a film that's as well-hyped and celebrated as this, it shouldn't leave you the same way it found you, but damned if that's not what happened. The action, the robots, the humor (usually, you have to turn on a "Danny Phantom" marathon for this many attempts at jokes)...it just went right through me.

It's not like I hated this film, certainly not as much as this guy (incidentally, the review and ensuing talkback are screamingly funny), but it had no lasting effect. In case there are any of this film's acolytes out there who think I don't know fun, know this: Live Free or Die Hard and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End were kick-ass rollercoaster rides that held me and didn't let go until the last frame. Transformers, by comparison, was little more than a merry-go-round; it doesn't really take you anywhere or rouse your interest.

At least, if and when Judgment Day gets here, I won't have to say that I paid to see this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home