Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Work sucks. I know.

(I've come to terms with the fact that no one reads this blog, as per the complete dearth of responses in the comments section of each post - not even fucking spam! - so I really don't feel up to putting a language warning on this post. Hell, I could run around the Vatican naked, use Bible pages to wipe my ass, plaster the results on the walls and scream 'Hail Satan!' at the top of my lungs and no one would care.)

Today's work day went moderately well, save for a couple of bumps. The first bump came during my wait for lunch. The cafe section is right across from the magazine rack. I flipped through a special "Life" collection of pictures of places that I "need to see in your lifetime". Glancing at the pictures made me realize, with frightening and absolute cognizance, how thoroughly I've wasted my life.

Bump number two came toward the end. A woman came in wanting to return $17 worth of diapers. Since she had a receipt, I figure 'hey, no problem'.* After she leaves, the woman behind her starts talking about how she was hovering around the diaper aisle and may have taken the diapers off the shelf in search of easy money. (* - This is all too similar to an incident last week about a woman who took a $30 water filter off of the shelf and turned it in for a refund. She had no receipt, but she did have the "words" of two employees.) It isn't just that fact that I was conned or that it happened twice in the last seven days. I take pride in the fact that I possess two college degrees, yet I had the wool pulled over my eyes by a pair of white trash cunts! That kind of stain doesn't wash away from the psyche so easily.

So help me, God, if I am written up or reprimanded or punished in any way, shape or form about this, I'm handing in the two weeks notice. I, literally, can't take this shit any-fucking-more and I'd hate to make good on my mental promise to stab in the face the next person who tries to con me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home