Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

TV on DVD...for 2009!

A lot of great shows have been coming out on DVD. Unfortunately, none of the ones that I listed. Here's hoping that things change for this year, with these three titles:

It's Your Move: Jason Bateman on a funny, sharply-written (if short-lived and underappreciated) sitcom. It happens more often than one would think. Teenage con artist Matthew Burton (Bateman) meets his match in struggling writer Norman Lamb (David Garrison). From the creators of "Married...with Children".

Malcolm in the Middle: It's so easy to write this show off because of the boys' antics and Lois's screaming...but it's not really fair. Watching the reruns have opened my eyes to one of the finest sitcoms of the decade. It truly sucks that Fox gave up on season sets after the first season (Paging Shout Factory...).

Parker Lewis Can't Lose: I don't remember the show as well as I'd like to, but I did catch the first episode recently, and I've found that "Malcolm..." (and, for that matter, "Scrubs") owe a debt to this show, with its enjoyably surreal humor.

Here's hoping...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home