Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Robert J. Walsh (1947-2018)

Composer Robert J. Walsh recently passed away. He's not a familiar name to most people, at least until the following titles trip off the tongue: "G.I. Joe". "The Transformers". "Jem". "Dungeons and Dragons". "Muppet Babies". Together with Johnny Douglas, Walsh scored them all.

Much to my shame and regret, even among these credits that I had to IMDb, I know very little about his work. I caught Revenge of the Ninja some time ago and I wasn't intrigued by his score. Still, it's impressive when an orchestra is used for cartoon scoring and sad when a composer dies.

This cue I found on YouTube some years ago in an abridged version. It was later on that I found the full version. Very lovely stuff.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home