Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Christopher Gunning (1944-2023)

Truth be told, I didn't know much about Christopher Gunning any more than I knew about Vangelis, Burt Bacharach, Artie Kane or Angelo Badalamenti, far more well-known (at least on this side of the pond) composers. However, there is a very good reason that I'm eulogizing Christopher Gunning:


I was more than likely flipping around when I first ran across the opening of "Agatha Christie's Poirot". That theme music was truly something else. Back in the olden days when soundtrack download sites were common, I managed to score a download of the soundtrack to the show. That CD-r was very treasured to me and it wasn't until last year that I came across a physical copy of the album. The disc really shows off Gunning's versatility and that he was possessive of some impressive little grey cells of his own.

He will be missed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home