Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

A day off of my day off.

So…yesterday was a real day. For the last few weeks, my check engine light has been on and, given that I’m in a town where falling snow is never too far away, that’s the sort of thing you wanna take care of really quick. 

I got a day off, which gave me a lot of time to relax and wait for my car to be taken care of. Funnily enough, the problem with it turned out to be the same one as before a leak in my emissions system. It cost me a good 350 beans to fix it the last time and I figured, ‘sure, I have the money’, but there’s just too much eating away at me, financially. Like I said before, when does my money get to be mine?!

I’m in the auto shop. May as well get caught up on my movies for the month. I watch the Hammer thriller Cash on Demand. Nothing supernatural here. Just a simple ‘if you don’t do this illegal thing, your family is dead’ sort of thing and I just can’t resist that. For most of its short length, it was pretty damn good, but then came an ending that I’ll be sure to elaborate on in my ‘Worst movies I saw in 2023’ post.

It wasn’t until 1:30 that things were finally taken care of. I was able to get home and not a moment too soon because I needed a shower, then I wanted to go out and see Napoleon. Putting aside a situation involving my keys and my parental unit, I ended up braving a snowstorm to try to get to the theater that would be playing the film at a reasonable time. Some people may wonder why I would do such a thing, but then again, I braved a blizzard to go see The Tourist. Yes, the one with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. You put a brick wall between me and a movie I want to see, you probably didn’t like that brick wall very much.

Perhaps, I didn’t get enough sleep last night because I missed a good deal of the movie, but what I saw was pretty impressive, if not exactly for the faint of heart. Some people may complain about the rutting sex scenes (#forevervirgins), but when you see a horse disemboweled by a cannonball, everything else is Christmas.

After 2 1/2 hours, I surmise, the film ended. If I had to guess, there must’ve been about 15 people in the screening room with me. Given that I woke up to a blank screen, I must've slept right through the end credits. It doesn’t matter too much. I have Apple TV on my phone, so I’ll be seeing the whole thing sooner or later anyway. My point is that none of those 15 people or the usher that was sent in to clean up before the next screening noticed me there or bothered to wake me up. Christ's sakes, what if I had died? Would anybody have not noticed me up there? Would the smell tip them off that maybe something is rotten in the state of Denmark? Am I really so invisible? And this isn't me complaining or whining about 'oh man, I need to make some friends in the new year'. Nothing more than an observation: this is super fucked. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home