Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Lonely at the top, but crowded at the Bottom.

The frequenters of the Internet Movie Database, they are a funny race. (It was not my intention to rhyme just now. Believe me.) Every so often, I check out the list of the hundred worst films according to voters. Some of the choices, like Manos: the Hands of Fate, Troll 2, Son of the Mask and Eegah, seem pretty well justified. Others, not so much, like Annapolis, Madea's Family Reunion, The Honeymooners, In the Mix and Date Movie. What do these films have in common? It's certainly not their incredible badness; I refuse to believe that a single one of the above mentioned films is worse than Jingle All the Way, 40 Days and 40 Nights or (Christ help us all) Welcome to the Dollhouse.

It's this fact: each of these films was released in the last 12 months. It seems that some people have nothing better to do than trash and denigrate these innocuous if uninteresting films. I've been known to do that, but I don't go around voting them onto the friggin' bottom 100! And, given what I've read at the film's message boards, I fear that the guilty-pleasure-in-the-making Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector will join them within 72 hours. Kind of sad, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home