Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

"A new kind of family."

Yeah. The kind that gives you silence and the occasional beating instead of anything remotely resembling love.

So, I'm checking the TV listings like I religiously do every day and I happen across ABC Family's line-up. Apparently when they gave up Jetix (now exclusively on Toon Disney), that meant giving up on animation completely. This reminds me of when NBC gave up airing Saturday morning cartoons nearly a decade ago. The big difference is that the NBC line-up wasn't particularly special. ABC Family, on the other hand, is owned by Disney, which (to my understanding) also owns the Saban and Fox Kids programming. So instead of dipping into a vast reservoir of quality programming (and Power Rangers), exposing these fine shows to new generations of viewers, we get even more re-runs of "Dukes of Hazzard" and "Full House". Pussies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home