Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Nice (magazine) rack.

Stopped off at Waldenbooks today. Here's some of what I glanced over.

- In Fangoria, there were pics from the Chicago Weekend of Horrors. Two of the guests were George A. Romero and Tom Savini, for whom I now have increased respect. According to the caption, part of their time was devoted to talking about 'why fast zombies suck'. I have no clue what was exactly said, but a poster in a long ago Ain't It Cool News thread said something to the effect of 'How would the zombies even have all that stamina to run? They're dead!'. I could not agree more.

- Entertainment Weekly did something very amusing for their Fall Movie Preview issue. The cover features the newest James Bond, Daniel Craig, and...well, I don't want to give it away. Let's just say that what they've done for the cover(s) is terrific.

- That same issue has increased my respect for Gary Cole, as well. He lists Team America: World Police as a guilty pleasure:



...one of the few films to make me convulse myself with laughter. Plus, you can't go too wrong with puppet sex.



Indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home