Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Breakfast in dread?

This morning, I had planned to dine at a breakfast buffet restaurant. Much to my chagrin, they were closed. I had no idea what to do, but I soon figured that "I came out here for breakfast, and, dammit, that's what I'm getting." It was on the verge of noon, and a lot of other nearby places stopped serving that which I desired.

Walking down the street, I happen by a local coffee shop. Their menu was blown up and tilted in such a way that one could see it clearly from outside. I figure, "Why not?"

I go in and get an omelet (with everything, which happened to include banana peppers, which I didn't mind so much), a toasted sesame bagel and tea. British breakfast, to be exact. I had grabbed a straw for the brief period that I assumed that it was a drink that ended up belonging to someone else. I took a couple sips from it...with a straw. A real 'Tom Hanks in Big' moment, there. After waiting for it to cool - and adding some sweetener and cinnamon to it - I ended up enjoying it.

A good reminder to try new things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home