Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

"How the hell do we get those diamonds down again?"

Straight from the 'WTF?!' department...except for when I'm really bored at home or work (but mostly work), I've pretty much given up on crossword puzzles. I've moved on to the one-two punch of sudoku (usually the more challenging puzzles in the weekend papers) and kakuro.

However, in the (at my house) seldom-seen New York Times Monday, I ran across a bit in their crossword puzzle that was, to say the least, interesting:

8-Down - "Diamonds Are Forever soundtrack number, 'Bond Smells ____'."

Of course, the answer is 'A Rat', but I just found it stupefying that a score album cue title could ever end up in a crossword. This is even more unusual than a few weeks back when the following clue appeared in a local puzzle:

"'_____' Declassified School Survival Guide." (BTW, it's 'Ned's'; a funny show on Nickelodeon. Well worth checking out.)

Maybe if these clues of stunning peculiarity had appeared more often, I wouldn't have grown bored with crosswords. Maybe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home