Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Year's resolutions.

Because I've nothing better to do, because I'd like to have a reminder of what I need to improve in my life and, most of all, because I know no one reads this blog, here are my ten resolutions for the new year:

Finish my screenplays: I have most of them mapped out in my head and at least two of them have twenty pages done already. Why have I not finished them? I could post any old excuse, but for now, I'm going with 'laziness'. Even though I said this last year, I'd like to think that I mean it for this year: I'm headin' for Tinseltown and making my name. Fortunately, screenwriting isn't the only thing I know how to do.

Leave town: With the exception of excursions to family reunions and the occasional class trip in childhood, I've never really seen beyond my hometown. Given that I've outgrown my current job and I've no non-family relationships to speak of, I truly believe that there's nothing for me here. There's bound to be something - anything - out there for me.

Lose my virginity: Like I said, no one reads this, so who am I really exposing myself to? And while I'm being so frank, I could have said 'get a girlfriend' or 'kiss a girl', but I just wanna cut to the chase.

Obtain driver's license: This one may have the highest chance of succeeding, barring anymore retarded loophole rules. Besides, what of those drivers who drive the wrong way down one-way streets? Even with my shortcomings, I'm way superior to those jerkoffs.

Stop caring about people other than myself: This may sound selfish, but it's really not. Really. It's putting others' emotions and feelings before my own that keeps me from being happy; truly feeling free. I sever that and half the fear in my life is history.

Be more vocal: This ties into the last one. Part of putting other people ahead of myself is withholding my true thoughts about society at large. People may not like what I have to say, which is all the more reason why it has to be said. A lot of this stuff is usually stated sotto voce. I think it's about time I raised my voice about things.

Travel the country: Taking its cue from two other resolutions, I've never seen this great land of ours; never taken in the sights, the people, the tourist attractions and tourist traps. Who knows how long I have on this planet?!

Find out what's wrong with me: No doubt about it, I need to see a shrink. With my emotional issues, I need someone who can really figure out what makes me tick. At this stage, money is no object, especially if he or she can deliver results.

Try new things: Stand up for a weaker individual. Spit off of a freeway overpass. Dine and dash. The possibilities are infinite.

Take more risks: Similar to the previous one? Not totally. I'm what one would call a guy who plays it safe. Someone who takes the path of least resistance. Who's to say if taking a harsher road would lead to improvements in my life? Couldn't hurt to try.

Who knows if I will really get these things taken care of? It's possible, if not conceivable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home