Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The mysteries of life.

I'd often thought that the purpose of going to school was to learn everything one would need to know in life. On top of that, I finished high school and went to two colleges straight after that over five years. One of the main reasons I went through all that was so I wouldn't have to take any more tests.

But when you earn that final degree, no one tells you (I mean, right out; usually, they just imply it) that the tests have only begun: looking for work, making friends, finding companionship, getting a driver's license. Everything's a motherfucking test! If I had known this ahead of time, I'd have surely pulled a Van Wilder and would've been on my...ninth year of college.

I'm not looking for things to be easy (but damned if that's not a benefit). I'm just looking for them to be rational. That's not asking a whole lot, is it?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home