Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And the Oscar goes to...

- Maybe I wasn't paying much attention at the time, but looking back, Jon Stewart had a lot of funny lines (My personal fave concerned newly-minted Diablo Cody: "From stripper to screenwriter. I hope you enjoy the pay cut.").

- Ratatouille won for Best Animated Feature...thus confirming my belief that they should’ve just FedEx-ed the statuette to Brad Bird and saved some trouble, even if it resulted in an amusing acceptance speech.

- In the performance of "Happy Working Song" from Enchanted, I just love how Amy Adams fell right back into character. Honestly, it's hard not to fall in love with her in that movie, though I don't lament the loss of a Best Actress nomination.

- Javier Bardem won for Best Supporting Actor, and his acceptance speech made for a nice contrast to the role for which he won.

- The intro for Adapted Screenplay wasn’t so hot, but the shot of the Coen brothers when the nominees were announced was hilarious.

- Brad Bird’s method of voting for the Oscars...I should’ve known.

- Whoa...Miley Cyrus at the Oscars?! Wait, what?

- Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen as Halle Berry and Dame Judi Dench...hilarious.

- Roger Deakins gets shanked again. Are you motherfucking kidding me?!

- Dario Marianelli won for Best Original Score. Haven’t seen Atonement, but his music from V for Vendetta has already assured me of his rich talent.

- Best Original Screenplay goes to...Juno’s Diablo Cody. No way in hell she’s topping this.

- What was with Viggo Mortensen’s Sebastian Cabot beard?

- And from the ‘even more inexplicable’ files: maybe it was just my neck of the woods, but there was a cut-out of the audio feed and I could hear people reacting to the Best Director win (for the Coen brothers)...and it wasn’t positive. A brief bit in today's news confirmed that I didn't imagine it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home