Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, December 26, 2008

How is the current situation, physician?

So I guess it's no longer news that Looney Tunes will be returning to Cartoon Network on New Year's Day.

Here's hoping that the Speedy Gonzales cartoons and the ending of "Drip-Along Daffy", among other things, are reinstated.

You might now be thinking, 'Isn't it enough that the cartoons are returning to television?'. So help me, two years ago, it would've been enough. But with all the live-action shinola that this network has been cramming in our throats (among other orifices), I'm well within my rights to make demands.

I mean, it's one thing for MTV to transmogrify into WTB (Whiny Teenage Bitches, in case you were wondering). It's been years since I watched that network with any regularity. On the other hand, I've watched Cartoon Network from its inception. I've always counted on it to deliver cartoons I love and cartoons I'm not that familiar with, but could grow to love. It's long been an unspoken agreement between channel and viewer, but when a network devoted to cartoons starts airing live-action product...I should probably point out that I spent six years of schooling in special education (mainly for emotional issues, but still...), so if I can figure it out, it speaks rather ill of the people who can't.

Because I can think of no other way to end the post, here's a few fond memories of WB cartoons:

"The yams did it!"
"Yoiks and away!"
"This time, we didn't forget the gravy."
"Well, now, I wouldn't say that."
"Oh, ho, he's hidin' in the stove, eh?"
"More briefing."
"Keep smiling."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home