Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Henry Gibson (1935-2009)

And still, the parade matches on...

Gibson's passing is yet another reminder of how shamefully little I've watched of "Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In". I caught some of it during the 1990s when it aired on Nick-at-Nite. Even more, I knew him as a co-star in two of my favorite comedies: as a college student in The Nutty Professor and especially as Dr. Klopek in The 'burbs.

It goes without saying that he will be missed.

(P.S. I only just learned that 'Henry Gibson' was a stage name; a pun on the name of famous writer Henrik Ibsen. I have to say, that's pretty amusing.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home