Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Random thoughts.

- Define irony: The Lorax, who speaks for the trees, appearing on a gift card for Borders. Audrey, you crazy Once-ler, what have you done?

- Remember last fall in my review of Christopher Young's score for Drag Me to Hell when I made that statement about disproportionate punishment? Given that it premieres on Cinemax tonight, I've thought of another layer to keep me from ever defending this movie: As I've worked in customer service for close to a decade, I've run across a number of customers who thought they were in the right, even though, nine times out of ten, they were dead wrong. The movie features a woman who, when you get right down to it, was simply doing her job. I don't think I could be held responsible for my actions if I was persecuted for doing my job.

- Went to the flea market for the first time in God knows how long. It was kind of nice feeling a sense of community and seeing all the vintage items available. However, being the finicky person I am, I couldn't bring myself to buy any of it.

- For some reason, I always get seduced by comic books with either limited runs or ones that come out haltingly/stop abruptly. As such, I think I could review some of them. I always say that, but I stumbled onto a new limited run comic that could use some coverage.

- This was the week of my vacation and nice as it was to get away from work, it was fairly uneventful. Not uneventful in the sense that I did nothing, but more in the sense that I did the same old crap I do during work weeks. Now that I have a license, I wanted to go on a day trip to Toronto. Maybe next time?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home