Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, April 09, 2010

Random thoughts.

- What must it be like to do something or make a deal that earns you enough money that you'd never have to work again? With my limited imagination, I'd probably travel around the world, buy a bunch of weird/cool things, wine and dine some cutie or blow it in Vegas for shits and giggles. I'd get bored, eventually. I just know it.

- I say this because I read a script review yesterday that mentioned how John Hughes, in spite of being in the above situation, kept on writing. Also, the comments section linked to a column written about him in Spy Magazine in the early 90s. I'll admit that not every egg that Hughes laid was golden, but could the author have been more of a vindictive doucher?

- At that same script review site, I got wind of another script set to go into production about an alien invasion. Things were going fine until the ending. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who might want to see the film, but when did we, as a society, start to embrace these 'snatch the happiness out from under the protagonist' conclusions? As if real life isn't full of this kind of horseshit?! Oh, no. Films like Mirrors, The Collector and Drag Me to Hell say, 'Sorry you got to the finish line only to be trapped/horribly maimed. kthxbye.' When I make horror films, I'm gonna be a little kinder to my protagonists. Someone's got to balance out the universe.

- "Jack, you just digested the bad guy." Every time I listen to the Innerspace soundtrack (track 25, "Stop the Car"), I feel the need to say that when the track ends. You think that's the strange part? Wrong. The strange part is that, more often than not, I'm able to work up the burp that Jack does right after Tuck's line (quoted above).

- I've mentioned the Ain't It Cool News talkbacks before, but one of their most recent has me crying with laughter every time I read it. Apparently, a new Star Wars series is in the works. It's said to be a sitcom, which inspired several talkbackers to concoct a bunch of Star Wars-related titles. Just thinking about the plot summary for "Married...with Younglings" makes me smile.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home