Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Change the channel!"

I've done my share of bitching about cable channels in the past (nowadays, TV is pretty much what's on in the background). Still, a thread at Toonzone got me to thinking: what channels would I change and how? Sadly, I've become one of those fuddy-duddys reminiscing (spelled it right, that time) about how things used to be. Here's a post because a) there's no way I could name one and b) I don't want to go a whole week without posting anything:

USA: This choice is fairly easy: bring back the sitcom reruns and game shows (GSN has clearly lost interest in many of the game show reruns I grew up with). Resurrecting 'Up All Night' isn't such a bad idea, either. Really, is Rhonda Shear doing anything these days?

SyFy: Time-warp it to the late 90s/early aughts: classic genre shows, MST3K reruns, anime on Saturday mornings, funny bumpers and do I even need to say 'change the effing title?!'

AMC: With the editing for television and commercial breaks, it's just like every other channel. Fix that crap...and bring back "Backstory".

DisneyXD: Change it back to Toon Disney. That's all I ask. Oh, and dipping into the Fox Kids library every now and then won't kill them.

Cartoon Network: The last few years of the channel have seen an unfortunate, ill-advised shift. This one is super-obvious: diversify the schedule. Who really needs four showings of "Chowder" and "Johnny Test" a day?

It's not too late to save cable television.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home