Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Starstruck.

I cannot tell you how much I've missed over the years because I had to work. I, literally, can't; my memory isn't as sharp as I'd like it to be.

And yet, through some peculiar cosmic alliance, I had the day off today. This allowed me to...

- ...finally file my tax return. I went to my old church to make this happen. As I mentioned earlier, my mom decided to claim me as a dependent on her tax return. Because of my age, she can't do that. Unfortunately, she already filed her return, forcing me to go with the adjusted return. As it turns out, I, for the first time in my life, owe money to the government, not the other way around. I'm upset by this, of course, but (like so much I'm upset about in life) I can't do a goddamn thing about it, so I'll just send off the money.

- ...see Your Highness. Not as laugh-out-loud as Land of the Lost, but pretty funny.

- ...attend the tribute to William Fichtner. He was the first honoree for our town's Walk of Fame. I watched as his star was unveiled and he provided his signature and prints for a cement square. My photography skills left something to be desired, but I got some good shots. Then, I went to wait for an autograph. I shook his hand and told him how much I liked him in Drive Angry and What's the Worst that Could Happen? (By a freak of serendipity, the latter movie came on tonight. Just as I said, he was one of its highlights.).

Somehow, I like it more when I plan things than when stuff just happens, but this was, overall, a good day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home