Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor (1932-2011)

Another star in Hollywood's sky fades away.

For my generation, Taylor is known mainly for her perfume commercials, playing Pearl Slaghoople in The Flintstones, her friendship with Michael Jackson, her many marriages (joked about by every comedian and talk-show host you can think of) and, most notably, her two guest spots on "The Simpsons" - as herself in "Krusty Gets Cancelled" ("I've got to fire that agent.") and as Maggie in "Lisa's First Word".

This does something of a disservice to the many classic (and, of course, unseen by my eyes) movies in which she starred: National Velvet, Giant, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf and Cleopatra (granted, applying 'classic' to this film is questionable, but I'm trying to make a point).

I shouldn't have to say that she'll be missed. That much is certain.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home