Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, February 14, 2011

"A riut...isan ugly sinc!"

Just now heard about Kenneth Mars' passing. Damn.

I can't even mention all his memorable roles, but I'll try: Franz Liebkind ("I am the author. You are the audience. I outrank you!"), The Little Mermaid's King Triton, Otto on "Malcolm in the Middle" (in fact, one can't help but wonder if the producers were huge Young Frankenstein fans, given the casting of Mars and Cloris Leachman) and, of course, Inspector Kemp:



He will definitely be missed.

P.S. I've long felt that Kenneth Branagh's look in Wild Wild West was modelled after that of Kemp. Seriously, compare the 'A riut...' scene in YF to the kidnapping Grant scene in WWW. Uncanny, no?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home