Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, January 31, 2011

"John Barry will not return..."

When I first got into film music, I only knew John Barry as 'the Bond composer', which is how I'm sure a lot of people will remember him. While I've grown partial to The Living Daylights and Diamonds are Forever, Barry was more than that.

He was the romantic who broke our hearts with his scores to Somewhere in Time, Born Free and Out of Africa.

He was the saving grace of idiotic misfires, providing fantastic scores for the undeserving likes of Night Games, Starcrash and Game of Death.

His talent knew no boundaries, and the fact that one of his most beautiful pieces of music was written for a shampoo commercial still blows me away.



It goes without saying that he will be missed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home