Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Favorite Halloween scores - Day 9.

Ghosts. Some are nice, but most of them can hurt you...or, at the very least, prove to be an incredible nuisance.

5. The Fog (John Carpenter) - Minimalistic, but incredibly effective. The cue for the John Houseman prologue is a standout.

4. Thir13en Ghosts (John Frizzell) - Though a bit too loud and chaotic at times, this score contains some exciting and lovely moments.

3. High Spirits (George Fenton) - As a film, merely a notch above The Spirit is Willing. Fenton's sweeping score is almost too good for it.

2. Ghostbusters* (Elmer Bernstein) - I'm a sucker for the ondes martenot, and its use has never felt more appropriate than in this lively score.

1. Poltergeist II: the Other Side (Jerry Goldsmith) - I like this better than the score to the original. Sue me. Maybe it's the electronics or the themes for the new characters.

* - I was saving this for the 'ghosts' list. I certainly didn't put this on the 'good horror comedies' list because I forgot. If anyone asks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home