Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Thanks to a tweet from Jaime Weinman, I stumbled upon this promo reel for ABC in 1982.



A few things:

  • I'm pretty sure that that's Chuck Connors at 0:55. 
  • Sheriff Teasle and Col. Trautman in cheesy, short-lived sitcoms...must've been super-jarring to a post-First Blood audience (they sure as hell were to me). 
  • I'm pretty sure they hadn't yet shot Ron Glass's scenes for "The New Odd Couple" at the time this was edited.
  • Did they really think that viewers wouldn't have recognized that clip from The Howling in "Ripley's Believe It or Not"?
  • I would totally watch "Matt Houston".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home