Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Well, today I saw Can't Hardly Wait again for the first time in who knows how long. Another entry for my 'Class of '98', sort of my own personal Letterboxd scavenger hunt where I watch a (heretofore undetermined) number of movies from twenty years ago. (I'm also doing this for 1988, but that's neither here nor there.) As it happens, I actually graduated from high school not long after this movie hit theatres (in fact, I was just four days off the film's 20th anniversary).

Thinking back, I'm equally relieved and disappointed that my own high school experience was nothing like I saw in the movies and TV. No cliques, no big pranks and no worrying about who to take to prom...but I can't help but wonder how it would've turned out if the four years were more eventful. Hell, I'd still be that quiet guy who never fit in anywhere, only I'd be even more miserable because everyone is having fun except me. Who knows? Maybe, some of my classmates felt that way, too.

BTW, I haven't heard word one about any impending reunions. It is the 20th, after all. I wonder what the theme is. Probably silver.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home