Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, July 11, 2021

‘Dead’ alive.

Ah, early 80s horror. It’s odd to think that some of those films, for their narrative and budgetary failings, received some very wonderful - and orchestral - scores back then. One example was Joe Renzetti’s Dead and Buried. A thread popped up at FSM about how the music has been released on a digital album. My response?  “I hate to be that guy, but no CD, no sale.”

Someone pointed me in the direction of Blue Underground’s special edition Blu-Ray of the film that includes a soundtrack CD of Renzetti’s score as a bonus. I don’t really have (nor do I have much use for) a Blu-Ray player, but they’re lucky I like the movie enough to consider taking the plunge.

Not the first time this has happened and likely not the last. Maybe, this is the only way to get my hands on some favorite and unreleased scores. But let me tell you: if the only way to get John Paul Jones’ Scream for Help score on CD is to purchase a Blu-Ray of that patronizing and tasteless piece of shit, somebody’s getting shanked.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home