Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, March 27, 2006

"Silly customer! You cannot hurt a Twinkie!"

Now, it's been quite a while since I've eaten Twinkies. I ate them often when I was a kid, but my sweet tooth has taken me elsewhere in the intervening years, primarily to chocolate pastries. Of course, with Lent still in effect, I must get my sugar fix elsewhere.

During my travels today, I happen upon a pack of Twinkies. Banana-flavored Twinkies. I remember hearing a long time ago on "The Daily Show" (but not that long ago; Jon Stewart was on it) that Twinkies were originally filled with banana creme, until WWII caused the fruit to be rationed, replacing it with regular creme ("And that's why we had to drop the bomb."). Needless to say, given my love of banana parfaits, the prospect of a banana-flavored Twinkie excites me. It's kind of sad that it took a movie about a giant ape (don't make me have to tell you the name) to get the wheels turning on this again, but it was worth the wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home