Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Winging it.

Who'd have thought that a throw-away gag in a half-assed comedy would lead to something of substance?

The half-assed comedy was Osmosis Jones, which is really worth watching for its animated parts. The throw-away gag was that the main character in the live-action bits, Frank (Bill Murray), wanted to go to the Chicken Wing Festival in Buffalo.

Strangely enough, we hadn't had one at the time the film came out, but that didn't deter our citizens from launching one. I went there today, in the rain. I had started out going to a restaurant for breakfast. Had a pretty good omelet. I wasn't going to go, but since my parents figured I was, I thought, why not?

Truth be told, I was there more out of curiosity than out of my love of chicken wings. They're tasty, but not something I'd want to eat all the time. Overall, it's a good festival, but it's no Taste of Buffalo.

Walking home, I felt a little tired. As I mentioned, I've been putting on some weight. I didn't want it to get to me...but it has. Part of it is because of a story I read the other day. Now, I'm not saying that a lot of it could happen to me, but it did get under my skin like few stories have. In spite of my contempt for the elderly, I do want to have a long life with someone who I truly care for and who cares for me. I've already had one heart attack, which is one more than I need. If I can lose these extra pounds, I'd be really happy.

Oh, and I found a really neat soundtrack site today. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home