Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

That's news to me.

I'm out shopping and on the way out, I glance at the headline on the front page of the local newspaper. 'Beloved celebrity passes away'? No. 'World's tallest building celebrates an anniversary'? No. 'President rubs one out; forgets to use napkin'? No, nothing like that. The headline in my local paper, on the front fucking page, reads thusly:



TV's popular team gets mean



Yes, it's an "American Idol" story on the front page. I could possibly imagine if one of the contestants had been arrested/killed/caught in a compromising position with balloon animals that space on the front page would be merited, but all this does is draw the eye away from real news.

Now, I certainly know of the show, but I don't watch "American Idol". I'm straight, for one thing. For another, it's just another dumb-ass reality show, only more popular than most.

This is but one more snowflake to instigate an avalanche. Mike Judge was so right, it's not even fuckin' funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home