Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

"They all deserve to die!"

Yet another lousy day at work...and the lead-up is partially to blame.

Snow has been falling on this city since Friday night. Sure, it's stopped long enough for people to get a sporting chance to clear it up, but it felt like even more came down in its place.

As I was hurrying to get to the bus stop (they don't run very often on Sundays), this guy's car was stuck in the snow. I was worried about my bus, but I tried to lend a hand. I pushed on the rear bumper, but he needed the front pushed. A few moments later, I saw him driving down the street. That bit of self-satisfaction was not to last, as the bus was nowhere in sight. Worried, I called my mother to give me a ride in. Seconds after, I see the bus coming up the street. I called home again to stop my mother, but she was on her way, just as the bus arrived at the stop.

Things failed to improve at work. A bunch of carts were scattered in the middle of the driving space, where anyone could crash into them (and with the snow and ice in the parking lot, driving isn't exactly safe). What's ridiculous about this (and about every time the carts are scattered) is that there are caddies all over to put carts that aren't being used. How people could ignore such a simple prospect, I'll never understand.

And then...the customers. This one guy asks me how long I've been working at the store. Like it's any of his motherfucking business how long I've worked there? What possible use could he have for that information? Fucking rockhead. And this other putz, who tries to return a $50 dollar ham (that he didn't even get from our store) with scraps of a receipt that I taped up.

And through it all, I couldn't help but think of a song from "Sweeney Todd":

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are full of shit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it...but not for long
They all deserve to die
Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why
Because in all of the whole human race, Mrs. Lovett
There are two kinds of men and only two
There's the one staying put in his proper place
and the one with his foot in the other one's face
Look at me, Mrs. Lovett
Look at you
No, we all deserve to die
Even you, Mrs. Lovett
Even I
Because the lives of the wicked should be made brief
For the rest of us, death will be relief
We all deserve to die!


I'm not exactly stating that I'm thinking of killing these douchebags that piss me off (with the advent of "CSI" and its spinoffs, I think it's more dangerous nowadays to be a serial killer than a serial killer's victim), but I do consider this a colorful way of blowing off steam.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home