Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

An Open Letter to Warner Bros.

(...specifically the department in charge of DVD releases)

Dear Sir or Madam (s):

I went to see Speed Racer back in May. I enjoyed it quite greatly; it was an exciting work of cinema that held me in its thrall. However, I was shocked to see that the reviews and box-office receipts did not reflect this opinion. It is now in a second-run theater where I am and, within a week or two, it will likely be gone. If ever there was a movie that demanded to be seen on a big screen (or in IMAX, as I did), it is this one. (This fails at the box office, but Transformers cleans up. Rape-bortion of justice? My sentiments exactly.)

I only recently learned of the film's DVD release in September. I guess the main point I'm trying to bring up is simply this: Just because you took a bath on this film does not give you the right to skimp on the extras! I want an audio commentary touching on all of the aspects of the production, as well as interviews with the cast and a featurette on Michael Giacchino's fantastic score.

I hope that you will do the right thing.

Yours,
Tor Y. Harbin

P.S. It was even outgrossed by What Happens in Vegas. How the hell does that happen?!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home