Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Con job.

I had hoped to avoid yet another 'oh, my life is boring; cool shit is happening without me' bitch-fest, but I recently obtained the schedule for this year's Comic-Con, which I'd hoped to attend.

Among the year's highlights (which is to say, the events that interest me):

Thursday the 24th:
- 'Freaks, Geeks and Tiny Toons' (in time for the - long overdue - DVD releases of the first installments of "Tiny Toon Adventures" and "Freakazoid!", some of the show's key personnel will be talking up the releases)
- Summit Pictures - Push (the movie - about people with psychic abilities - sounds okay, but how cool would it have been to meet Chris Evans? Don't know who he is? You owe it to yourself to check out Cellular, Not Another Teen Movie and the Fantastic Four films.)

Friday the 25th:
- 'Powerpuff Girls - 10th Anniversary' (the creator and VAs reunite)
- 'Spaced' (never seen it, but it comes from the creators of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, and that's good enough for me)
- 'Production Designers' (A number of production designers talk about their craft, including Alex McDowell. Let me say that, again: Alex McDowell! The Cat in the Hat, The Terminal, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.)
- 'Trailer Park' (hey, I love trailers)
- 'American Dad' (a read of a not-yet-aired episode by the voice cast)

Saturday the 26th:
- 'The Fairly Oddparents: Past, Present and Future' (The amount of ass the show sucks now is unprecented; I just wanted to relish the opportunity to boo the people I thought I could trust to make the show better again instead of debatably worse, not unlike the warty old woman in The Princess Bride. Also, '...and Future'?! It may be the wax in my ears, but that sounded like a threat.)
- 'Futurama Secrets Revealed!' (Do I even need to explain the appeal of this?!)
- 'The Writers Room: Writing Prime Time Animated Comedy' (The panelists have written for some of the most underrated shows of the last decade - "Futurama", "The PJs", "Drawn Together" - ...and "Li'l Bush".)
- Cartoon Voices I (again, self-explanatory)
- Adventures in Voice Acting Workshop (learning the technique of voice acting...awesome)
- 'World Premiere: Mutant Chronicles' (Don't know much about the film, but it stars The Punisher, Hellboy and Deadly Little Miho. When does it open?)

Sunday the 27th:
- 'The Business of Cartoon Voices' (again, sounds interesting)
- 'Cartoon Voices II' (see 'Cartoon Voices I')

Why do I torture myself like this? God only knows.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

*Shoots myself* You're not the only one not going with a vested interest in this... Fucking Wow.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home