Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Lights up.

As this is the Fourth of July, fireworks went up (and continue to do so as I type this). My family had been out there a while before my curiosity got the better of me and I watched along with them.

The colors were brilliant. We thrilled to the little show in the sky.

I can't help but draw parallels to my life. There's a big, beautiful colorful world out there and yet...I stay in a box. Why? Because it's comfortable. I've been aware of this for a while, but watching those fireworks, it hit me: my life sucks because I allow it to. I don't work harder on things that could conceivably get me out of the box, but I should. I'm a talented guy and, to be honest, this town isn't really a place for my kind of talents.

As if this wasn't enough of a mindfuck, I saw Wanted today, which didn't remind me of my life as much as The Promotion, but it still inspired me to do something with my life, much like the protagonist of that film.

I want things to change. Whether I have the confidence to act on it is another matter.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home