Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Treehouse of Horror...

Like a lot of people, I love "The Simpsons". Also, like a lot of people, I love it considerably less than I used to. What I really enjoy are reruns of the show, esp. reruns of the Halloween specials. Curiously, none of the local channels are airing them...and it's a day before Halloween. Pretty bush league, if you ask me.

Still, I want to take some time to name my ten favorite segments of the various episodes:

10. Clown Without Pity: If only for the conversation between Homer and the curio shop owner.

9. Life's a Glitch, Then You Die: Pretty dated but very funny tale of Y2K destroying society. The plane load of passengers headed for the sun is a riot, and I really like the self-effacing nature of the guest passenger.

8. Desperately Xeeking Xena: Stretch Dude and Clobber Girl have to rescue Lucy Lawless from the Collector. Doesn't get talked about a whole lot, but it's a favorite. The ending is amusing.

7. Hell Toupee: Bad pun (derived from an "Amazing Stories"), but good episode. Neat guest appearance by Ed McMahon.

6. Nightmare on Evergreen Terrace: Groundskeeper Willie as Freddy Krueger. That says it all, really.

5. Bart Simpson's Dracula: "We had a story to go with this painting ("Dogs Playing Poker"), but it was far too intense, so we just threw something together with vampires. Enjoy!"

4. The Devil and Homer Simpson: Two words: Devil Flanders. Also, you gotta love the jury of the damned.

3. Dial 'Z' for Zombies: "Dad, you just killed the zombie Flanders!" "He was a zombie?"

2. Time and Punishment: Homer experiences "A Sound of Thunder". Some great cameos and properly chilling alternate universes.

1. The Shinning: Honestly, if I have to explain why it's #1, you've obviously never seen it.

Wasn't easy, since I hate listing things (though #1 was set in stone), and there are some good ones I left off: "Nightmare Cafeteria", "The Homega Man", "Fly vs. Fly" and "The Terror of Tiny Toon".

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home