Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Have you ever felt incredibly giddy and shit-your-pants-nervous at the same time?

I was planning a trip to L.A. (yes, Los Angeles) for a get-together of film music fans (mainly visitors of Film Score Monthly's message board) and a composer signing set to take place May 30-31 and today, I get the 'OK' that I can have those days off.

There's so much to get straight, like plane tickets, hotel arrangements, the chance at seeing some of the sights (two days in a strange place doesn't seem like that much time when you look at it) and if my work schedule won't affect my departure and return.

There's more waiting involved (like what next week's schedule will be), but it's almost as if God was telling me, 'You deserve a break'.

Also, yesterday, I applied for a dishwasher job at a restaurant. Not exactly a match for a two-time college grad, but it keeps me away from the public and that's fine with me. I bought a new notepad and, so far, I love it. I think this one will be harder to lose.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home