Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

At work today, the song "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John came on. This woman in line started singing it (knowing only the chorus; if you don't know the whole song, why embarrass yourself?). She was with a little boy. I presume it was her son. She started singing the song to her maybe-son. I couldn't wait to be rid of her. She thought I didn't want to be at work (early on a Saturday, yes, but not the point), while all I could think about was a) the sicko pervert who just sang a song to a little boy about fucking (it's not that hard to get the message) and b) how astronomical that boy's therapy bills will be in the years to come.

It's like a guy singing Robert Palmer's "Simply Irresistible" to his fiancee. I mean, why serenade your soon-to-be-wife with a tune about prostitutes and the purchase of said prostitutes?! (Listen to the song again: 'She's so fine there's no telling where the money went'/'She's so fine there's no other way to go'? Tell me I'm wrong.) Now that I think about it, this would've been a much better title for that Richard Gere/Julia Roberts movie. Leave Roy Orbison's song alone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home