Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Friday, June 04, 2010

Animal House (Elmer Bernstein)



In another attempt to stave off boredom at the blog, I'm introducing a new feature.

As you may or may not care, I love film music. Sadly, not every score I like is available. That's where this new feature comes in. For a time in the early part of the last decade, I took track listings of some of my favorite scores. I saved a bunch of them and, whenever things look dead around here, I'll be posting them.

Today's score started a new chapter in the career of Elmer Bernstein: that of comedy composer. His straight-faced score for National Lampoon's Animal House, earmarked by a terrific, stately main theme, is a delight. Since the film is a Universal release, who knows? We might just be seeing it someday.

National Lampoon's Animal House
composed & conducted
by
Elmer Bernstein


1. Main Titles (Faber College) 2:29
2. Boon and Katy 0:44
3. Dean Wormer 0:22
4. "That foot...is me." 0:18
5. "May I have another?" 0:42
6. Horseback Riding 0:47
7. And Away He Goes 0:11
8. Getting Even 2:32
9. Peeping Bluto 0:59
10. The Exam 1:57
11. Wormer's Threat 0:25
12. The Food King 2:45
13. One Night Stand 0:51
14. Road Trip! 1:28
15. Otter Gets Jumped 0:15
16. "You look grotesque." 0:21
17. "A futile and stupid gesture." 2:42
18. The Parade 0:35
19. "Let's go." 0:29
20. "No prisoners!" 8:04

Granted the score seems a little short (barely a half-hour), but I'm sure that some enterprising label can find another (short) score to pair it with.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home