Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The second weekend of July.

In spite of having to endure work on both days, I was dead set on going to the Taste of Buffalo. Here's my rating system and what I partook of:

**** - I need to go to the restaurant and order 10 of these...now!
*** - A damn fine meal.
** - It's okay.
* - Yeah...what's in the fridge?

Bruschetta (Bings) - The bread was okay, but the topping could've seriously benefitted from some spices. **

Bleu Burger Slider (Cecelia's Ristorante) - Blue cheese on a burger. Not too original, but I savored it. ***

Italian Style Burritos (Cup of Joe's Restaurant) - A bit messy, but enjoyable and different. ***

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cream Pie (Dannys Restaurant) - Just a great dessert. ***

Crabcake Slider (Encore Restaurant) - Spicy and terrific. ***

Blue Crab Sushi (Encore Restaurant) - I've long been wary of sushi and this was good. If only I hadn't smothered it in soy sauce; it was all I could taste. **1/2

Crab and Shrimp Bisque (Giacobbi's Pasta and Pizza) - I was expecting something a little creamier and less...soup-like, but it was good. ***

Junkyard Dog (Ms. Goodies) - One of the musts of any ToB. ***1/2

Banana Surprise (Ms. Goodies) - Still not digging the pineapple, but it's banana pudding. **1/2

Crab Spring Roll (Papaya Restaurant) - A fine appetizer with a delicious dipping sauce. ***

Cheese Pierogi (Polish Villa) - Good, but bordered on pastry. **1/2

French Maid Fries (Torches) - Like a cooked version of Andy Capp fries. ***

Corned Beef Sliders (WJ Morrissey Irish Pub) - Tasty, but there was, how do I put this...a little too much Corned Beef. **1/2

Double Chocolate Brownie (Zebb's Deluxe Grill and Bar) - Two this year and still delicious. ****

Between this and Comic-Con (which I'll be attending this year!), July's shaping up pretty well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home