Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

"Not to be confused with Malcolm Hexed."

Given the unanimously negative reviews I've been reading, I feel like I have to see Jonah Hex, just to see how bad it could possibly be. I've a feeling that it's much ado about little. Then again, this is the opinion of a guy who feels that there's half of a really good movie in Wild Wild West (which this has been compared to; President Grant figures into the plot of both films, making him one of the more unlucky former Commanders-in-Chief, I must say). Ultimately, it can't be as bad as the worst movies I've ever seen.

Still, I have to know: in the banners for the film, why the hell is John Malkovich holding a Dragonball? Tell me one's curiosity isn't piqued at that.

P.S. Incidentally, I'm watching (or, at least, have on in the background) The Master of Disguise, another movie that got gutted to a slapdash 80-minute running time.

P.P.S. BTW, does anyone else remember the subject line from the previews of the 1993 comedy Hexed? Never seen it, but it sure looked not-terrible.

P.P.P.S. Apparently, one of the film's producers is Joey 'How you doin'?' Tribbiani himself, Matt LeBlanc. Those "Friends" residual checks must be pretty hefty for him to waste money in this manner.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home