Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

In a Saturdaze.

Dreamt about that girl. Nice that she gave me an unforgettable ride, but I know I'll never see her again. You know the drill: Continental breakfast, shuttle bus, Marriott Hall 2 for Comic-Con Film School 103: Working with Actors and a Crew. Just what it says on the tin. I'd like to digress a moment and say that I hope I never get anyone mad enough to inflict violence or not want to work with me when I make movies. Of course, with my Kubrick-lite taskmastery, it won't be easy.

To the Convention Center to gather some snapshots and autographs in Sails Pavilion, then to Ballroom 20 for Futurama. "The Silence of the Clamps" has recently become one of my favorite Comedy Central episodes. Then, quick like a bunny to Room 6BCF for Cartoon Voices. I will never cease to be enamored of the magic that voice artists work in the recording booth.

(Not quite Sophie's Choice, but it stinks that I'll be missing panels on The Simpsons (Ballroom 20), Family Guy (ditto) and, most damagingly of all, Community (Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront). Curse my sister for getting me into that show. It's so damned funny!)

I'll have to duck out early to make it to the American Dad panel in Ballroom 20. (Yes, it's on Saturday, now!) It'd be a treat to get to see a panel for Seth MacFarlane's best show. Period. After that, a stop at Sails Pavilion to get a picture, an autograph, something from James Hong.

Following that, the day's pretty much a blur of seeing the city and looking for lunch in all the wrong (read: crowded) places. Then, storm the Exhibit Hall. T-shirts, posters, comic books, soundtracks (from LaLaLand Records, not that joker who sells CD-Rs for moronically hiked prices)...the sky's the limit.

Even though Michael Giacchino can't make it (and with six scores this year, can you blame him?), I'll definitely check out Behind the Music with CW3PR: Composing Horror to Animation and Everything in Between. Granted, the biggest name there now is Ramin Djawadi, but hey, it's film music.

Not really interested in tonight's Hall H and Ballroom 20 Panel Playback (though Knights of Badassdom sounds somewhat promising), so I'll just go to Room 8's The Art of the Hollywood Movie Poster and Room 9's Can DIY Filmmaking Replace Hollywood? Selling Your Own Damn Movie Without Selling Your Soul!. Good night, all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home