Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Given the grease-like texture left on my fingers and how tired I was after all the food I ate, live blogging from the Taste of Buffalo, as had been my original plan today, was pure folly. Also, for some reason, several businesses utilized banana peppers in their meals. I guess none of them got the message that banana peppers are totally gross. Here (several hours after the fact) is my summary of what I ate:

Spanish Rice w/Pigeon Peas (Papi's Family Restaurant) - For a 'healthy option' dish, this was delicious; the right spices enlivened what should've been a plain rice dish.

Shrimp and Crab Spring Roll (Papaya Restaurant) - Quite tasty, with or without the dipping sauce.

Potato Cheddar Casserole (Carmine's Restaurant) - Could've used a bit more salt, but an enjoyable side.

Lobster Bacon Mac and Cheese (Paring's Wine Bar) - Good enough, but I could barely taste the lobster.

Boneless Buffalo Wings (Zebb's Deluxe Bar and Grill) - I should know better than to get seduced by the spiciness of Buffalo flavor, but these wings were tasty.

Chocolate Brownie (Zebb's Deluxe Bar and Grill) - I can never resist a good brownie. I've had two today.

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cream Pie (Danny's Restaurant) - If not for the previous item, the best dessert the Taste has to offer.

Jack's Garlic Pan Bread (Jack Astor's Bar and Grill) - Thankfully, I only had a taste (a smaller portion than usual). The bread is too rich to be savored as a full meal.

Oreo Milkshake (Clarence Center Coffee Co. and Cafe) - Not a bad way to end the day, but not too remarkable.

Even with the caveats I mentioned, I'm still going back tomorrow. I've quite a few tickets left.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home