Mr. Cellophane

In a location adjacent to a place in a city of some significance, what comes out of my head is plastered on the walls of this blog.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Well, it's the second weekend of July and that can only mean one thing...Comic-Con is around the corner!

Okay, two things.

The other, more pertinent thing is that the Taste of Buffalo is halfway over.

Wanting to have some kind of a game plan, I whipped up something of a menu of items I wanted to eat. For whatever reason, I decided not to eat some of them. However, I did have my share of fine cuisine:

- The Papaya Restaurant's Fried Wonton was just as crunchy and delicious as ever. The sauce was also good.

- Then it was off to Joe's Crab Shack. The plan was to sample their Crazy-Good Crab Dip, which lived up to its title, but I also had to try their Great Balls of Fire, a fragile but tasty mixture of seafood, crab, jalapenos and cream cheese. The ranch dressing was a nice addition.

- Along my route was Carmine's Restaurant and, as with last year, I had to try their Potato Cheddar Casserole, a fantastic mix of cheese, potatoes and spices, topped with corn flakes. Just splendid.

- The Black Market Food Truck had something called Buffalo Chicken Arancini. Even though it was Buffalo chicken and hot sauce (which I didn't register at the time), I was willing to give it a shot. Sadly, after taking one bite, my hand slipped, sacrificing the meal to the sidewalk Gods. Still, that one bite was pretty decent.

- Trying to recover from that loss, I stopped at Eddie Ryan's for half a Reuben Sandwich. Not really something I'd eat all the time (nor should I; the combination of corned beef and sauerkraut is a little rich), but quite tasty.

- Looking to top off the meal, I go to Zebb's for a delicious Brownie. I love it.

- Still on a dessert high, I go to Danny's Restaurant for a slice of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cream Pie. Still smashing.

- Though I'm starting to feel logy, I press on, going to Miller's Steak and Crab House for a Crab Cake with dipping sauce. Not bad.

- On the way back, I remember that May Jen Restaurant offers Crab Rangoon. I tried it for the first time earlier this year. There were ten pieces in that order that I labored to finish. As I took a seat and enjoyed the two pieces in this offering, I thought, 'maybe, this is how I was meant to enjoy this dish'.

Taking a break from walking around, I surfed the internet and was quite happy with the woman who offered to throw away my dish after some of her refuse blew my way.

- The Riverstone Grill offered the Bleu Heron Burger. Though the patty was a bit small, the toppings (including onion strings and hunks of blue cheese) were welcome.

- The last dish of the day was Banana Pudding, courtesy of Nette's Fried Chicken. The day I get tired of the stuff is the day I die.

Whenever I get the opportunity, I like to go both days. Sunday's exploits included:

- A trip to BW's Barbecue to try their Chicken Cacciatore Soup. Though a bit thin, it's still tasty.

- Next up is Jack Astor's Bar and Grill to enjoy their Garlic Pan Bread and Lobster and Crab Dip with Chips. Very delicious.

- Anderson's Frozen Custard makes a pretty good Cake Batter Ice Cream. I decided on that instead of their Salty Bacon Sundae. Dear whoever decided to mix bacon with desserts...you are a dirty fucking Communist. Signed, everybody with taste.

- The Seafood Bisque at The Original Soupman, even in its sample size, is quite appealing.

- Back to Zebb's for another brownie. Saving this for later.

- Then, it's off to Caribbean Experience for a Beef Patty. It's good, if a little smaller than I expected.

- Try as I may, I can't get enough of the Potato Cheddar Casserole from Carmine's.

- At this point, I hit the wall and become ever more desperate to get rid of my tickets, so I return to Nette's for some Banana Pudding.

- Clarence Center Coffee Co. & Cafe offered Gluten Free Cake Pops. I chose the chocolate ones and, once I got past the cutesy exterior, I gobbled it up.

- I need to get some Fried Wontons from Papaya. Again, can't get enough.

- Six tickets left. I stumble toward Go Veggies Cafe, in search of their Mango Pudding. A little too congealed, but decent on the level of fruit cocktail.

All in all, an enjoyable experience. Can't wait to do it again next year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home